Saturday 14 May 2011

Happiness














Happiness was peeping in at my little boy,
chuckling at the Sooty show, totally unaware.
Happiness was accepting that I'd never be rich.
But, that my sweat would make nobody a millionaire.
Happiness was realizing what I believed was right,
and helping others step out of the dark into the light.
Happiness was Diane's long blonde hair,
resting on the black velvet jacket she often used to wear.
Happiness was walking on my own, slowly, in the rain.
Stamping deliberately in puddles, being naughty again.
Happiness was looking back, without fear or remorse,
and gazing into the future, but never plotting a course.
To all the world's peace loving people,
who have no desire for real success.
Let us relay a message of hope,
and share each other's happiness.
Happiness to me is absolutely: Nothing!



Capability Red aprox 1980

No comments:

Post a Comment