Saturday 22 April 2017

Love From The Bard

A backstreet romance, confused and mundane.
You meet in the sunshine but, thereafter it's rain.
Go visit the High Street and mortgage you r pain.
You can't drop your guard if you wanna be the bard.

I started to write a sonnet once before.
With words in French like; je t'aime mon amour.
You winced when you heard it, so I sank to the floor.
Why is it so hard when you wanna be the bard?

I've heard that lust is a sexual disease.
To unlock the cure would you hand me your keys?
It sounds so English when you make me say 'please'.
So, have some regard when you punish this bard.

For some reason or other I gave you a ring.
Promised for your love I'd do anything.
Even write you a song and, you know I can't sing.
Let me send you a card: Love from the bard.

It's not easy to express the way that I feel.
Folks say I'm a dreamer, but to me this is real.
So, if love is a banquet, may I be your meal?
Give an inch take a yard, but let me be your bard.

Reincarnate me as a pair of your shoes.
You could walk over me whenever you choose.
But as I'm still alive, I guess I'll just hit the booze.
Your mind's tortured and scarred if you think you're a bard.


Capability Red          April 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment